Transportation Senior Engineer – Traffic
Rinker Design Associates, P.C.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead technical discussions and oversee the development of traffic designs.
- Leads project meetings and presents specific aspects of traffic design.
- Provides design support on multiple projects of moderate size and leads designs on smaller projects.
- Maintains high standards of work product and provides quality control for peers.
- Interacts with clients, customers, agency representatives, and contractors.
- Assists the project manager with schedule and budget requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required.
- Registration as a P.E. in the State of Virginia is desirable.
- At least 5 years of experience in traffic engineering design is required.
- Understanding VDOT and local government policies and procedures is desirable.
- Strong technical design background in traffic design and familiarity with VDOT, AASHTO, and FHWA and understands the concepts presented in HCM, MUTCD, and PROWAG standards.
- Must demonstrate teamwork and possess written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of and prior experience in using CADD/Design Software (MicroStation, InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Synchro, HCS) is desirable.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401K Retirement Plan; Roth Contributions.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability.
- Paid time off, including 8 federal holidays.
The salary range provided is for information purposes only. Salary offered will be based on qualifications, experience and work location.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. Applicants that require an employment visa sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered.