Traffic Operations Technician
The Traffic Operations Technician duties and responsibilities will be focused on performing a variety of technical activities in support of traffic operations and data collection projects. Position will support a growing client base in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
What you will be doing:
- Independently analyze, assess, and interpret data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute traffic signal retiming projects, covering the data collection phase through the project reporting phase
- Develop and implement strategies for improving arterial traffic flow and safety, prepare the development of system performance measurement tools, standard operating policies/procedures, deficiency reports and mitigation plans, coordinate with local agencies related to the operation and
- maintenance of traffic signals and arterial systems
- Closely coordinate with our department groups as needed
- Apply advanced tactics to efficiently move traffic
- Provide technical support for our TSM&O performance monitoring platforms
- Interact professionally and proactively with clients to ensure clients are highly satisfied
- Maintain knowledge of ATMS platforms, optimization software, and analysis software to ensure technical competence
- Travel, as required, to participate in retiming deployments. Length of travel will depend on specific assignments and the successful completion of inherent responsibilities.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Associate degree in engineering technology or related field (consideration will be given for equivalent experience) preferred but not required
- Traffic Management Center (TMC) operations experience is a plus
- Willingness to obtain IMSA Traffic Signal Field Technician Level I and II (we provide financial assistance and training)
- Practical knowledge of ATMS platforms and traffic signal controllers is a plus
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft’s Excel and Word programs
- A passion for data analysis, attention to detail, real-time traffic operations improvements to enhance the safety and traveling experience of the motoring public and pedestrians
Iteris anticipates paying between $37,730 and $42,020 for this role. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.