Traffic Operations Engineer
** SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE **
Iteris is looking for a Traffic Operations Engineer who will perform entry to mid-level engineering related to traffic operations. Assist with the analysis, assessment, and interpretation of data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute traffic signal retiming projects, covering the data collection phase through the project reporting phase. Position will support a growing client base in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Iteris has current offices in Virginia Beach, VA and Philadelphia, PA. Location anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic region can be considered – remote is not preferred but may be considered.
What you will be doing:
- Support development and implementation strategies for improving arterial traffic flow and safety, preparation and development of system performance measurement tools, standard operating policies/procedures, deficiency reports and mitigation plans, coordinate with local agencies
- related to the operation and maintenance of traffic signals and arterial systems
- Provide customer traffic operations support through the performance of on-site signal timing implementation and fine-tuning, and review of existing traffic operations issues
- Closely coordinate with our department groups as needed
- Provide engineering support for our Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSM&O) performance monitoring platforms
- Demonstrate skills with computers and software applications Interact professionally and proactively with clients to ensure clients are highly satisfied
- Gain and maintain knowledge of Advanced Transportation Management System (ATMS) platforms, optimization software, and analysis software to ensure technical competence
- Travel, as required, to participate in retiming deployments. Length of travel will depend on specific assignments and the successful completion of your responsibilities.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in traffic signal systems and traffic engineering principles
- Experience with common development tools such as Synchro, Tru-Traffic, CADD, GIS, traffic signal controller platforms, and ATMS platforms; We provide extensive internal training programs
- Traffic Management Center (TMC) operations familiarity
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) preferred in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to obtain IMSA Traffic Signal Field Technician Level I and II (we provide financial assistance and training)
- A passion for data analysis, attention to detail, real-time traffic operations improvements to enhance the safety and traveling experience of the motoring public and pedestrians.
Iteris anticipates paying between $67,000 and $76,000 for this role. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.