Senior Transportation Engineer Project Manager
Rinker Design Associates
Posting expires: January 31, 2024
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and oversee all aspects of transportation design projects.
- Responsible for communication, status reporting, decision-making regarding technical approaches, risk management, and escalation of team issues when required.
- Mentor junior staff in professional and technical growth within the industry
- Lead the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, safety, and organization of internal technical and support staff.
- Maintain a close relationship with clients, track upcoming project opportunities, and collaborate on project pursuits.
- Responsible for the quality of project work performed, client service, utilization of staff, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for transportation projects.
- Lead the development and execution of local marketing and business development.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Registration as a P.E. in the State of Virginia or have the ability to obtain registration.
- At least 15 years of experience in transportation engineering design, design management, and highway project management.
- Established local client relationships along with an understanding of the policies and procedures of these agencies.
- Strong technical design background in traffic engineering, highway design, and highway drainage, as well as familiarity with VDOT, AASHTO, FHWA and MUTCD standards.
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities and possess written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience working on alternative delivery (Design-Build and PPP) major transportation projects is preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401K Retirement Plan; Roth Contributions.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability.
- Paid time off, including 8 federal holidays.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. Applicants that require an employment visa sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered.